- Sets up and configures machinery at the start of each production order so the machine is optimized for fabric, operation, and product.
- Adjusts machinery as needed to support quality and production targets.
- Conducts daily preventative maintenance and repair program to reduce machine downtime.
- Assists with ordering, building, and/or installing equipment and configurations using guides and attachments to allow operators with different abilities to perform on such machines, and reduce operator handling.
- Recommend necessary upgrades and specialized machinery to enhance production efficiencies and reduce production costs.
- Coordinates contract maintenance and repair subcontracts when necessary.
- Leads safety-first culture and helps implement and ensure safety procedures are used throughout production facility.
- Works according to safety procedures including lockout/tag when repairing and working on machines.
- Maintain spare parts inventory for all equipment assigned. Order machine parts, equipment, and configurations when approved.
- Test and document operation of installed machine safety devices and guarding as per documented procedures.
- Maintain logs of all repairs and preventative maintenance in accordance with our requirements
- Inspect and diagnose mechanical problems in machinery and equipment.
- Assemble, dismantle or reassemble machinery and equipment as necessary.
- Other duties and tasks as needed to support production, quality, and safety goals.
Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of basic electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems.
- Experience implementing safety policies and procedures
- Experience working on industrial sewing machines
- Track record of continuous improvement and teamwork
- Shares our culture of problem solving, our belief that empowerment is good for business, our commitment to collaborative leadership, and our willingness to roll our sleeves up.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.