$18 to $25
12 months ago
Temp to Perm
- Performs assigned routine inspections on materials, goods in process, or finished goods where results are compared with company quality standards.
- Audits product at various stages of the manufacturing process including visual and functional inspection as well as mechanical testing.
- Works with production, engineering and quality engineering.
- Performs detailed inspection when necessary to determine quality of product.
- Records results electronically and reports number of defects found. Maintains electronic and paper-based files for readily retrievable access of records.
- Has the ability to make recommendation on disposition of questionable products.
- Makes recommendations for revision of department procedures as required.
- Performs tasks using good housekeeping practices and safety techniques.
- Associates with various department functions to provide corrective and preventive action plan.
- Has the ability to communicate job requirements for purposes of training.
- Performs other duties or assignments as required by management.
- Performs visual, dimensional, and functional inspection, utilizing hand-tools, vision systems, and electronic equipment.
- Generate NCMR when inspection data exceeds acceptable limits or when major incidents of poor quality are noted.
- Serve as a resource to other departments on quality issues. Interface and attend meetings with personnel from other departments for the purpose of information exchange, drawing and procedure change process, troubleshooting, training, and problem solving.
- Act as resource for Geometric, Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) questions and suggestions. Review inspection techniques to ensure accurate and repeatable inspections can be performed.
- Perform other quality related duties as required.
- Ability to review and comprehend written instructions, including blueprints, specifications, and methods.
- Dexterity and precision required to operate gauges and testing equipment. Working knowledge of common inspection measurement, testing tools, and equipment required.
- Knowledge of GMP’s, Device History Records
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic computer skills.
- ASQ Certification preferred (Certified Quality Inspector or Certified Quality Technician) or relevant experience.
- 5+ yrs. experience in quality inspection required, preferably in an FDA regulated industry.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Blueprint reading skills including knowledge of GD&T.