Aysha Del Valle
8 months ago
Monroe Staffing is in search of a Helmet Technician for an air and space crew protective equipment, development, and manufacturer
- Support full pressure helmet production from shell lay-up, surface finishing, and component integration.
- Assemble & perform testing of high-altitude pressure suit garments, helmets, and associated hardware.
- Punch holes and install snap fasteners in various components.
- Perform lacing and hand sewing of various suit layers &components.
- Classroom trainer of field suit technicians on maintenance and periodic overhaul procedures.
- Ability to cross train, learning other aspects of Life Support Equipment
- Ability to work with other departments, such as, Engineering, Quality Assurance and Government Inspectors.
Other duties as assigned.
- High School or Equivalent.
- Related work experience with life support equipment (Military schooling of Commercial Schooling)
- Good organizational skills
- High degree of manual dexterity
- Ability and familiarity with the use of hand tools and power tools ex: Screwdriver, hole punches, drills, grinders etc.
- Able to read, write and speak in the English Language
- Able to read engineering drawings, fabrication, and test procedures
- Able to read analog and digital meters, ie. flow, pressure, and temperature.
- Able to read a precision rule (machinist's scale)
- Knowledge of basic mathematics.
- Experience with the use, manufacture, or assembly of life support equipment (Military or Commercial)
- Experience with paint sprayers and related equipment
- Able to follow written and verbal directions
- Able to work alone and with others
- Have a high level of patience and appreciation for high quality of workmanship
- Good communication and writing skills
- High work ethic, dependable, maintain a neat workspace.