7 months ago
Monroe Staffing is looking for a Hardware Insertio Operator for a Sophisticated supplier of custom precision sheet metal manufacturing and related value-added services from single piece to high volume production in North America
Set-up and operation of press to insert hardware into product per print and or product documentation.
- Read print, product drawing and or product documentation to verify hardware requirements and proper location.
- Identify and select correct hardware for insertion into the product per documented specifications.
- Align hardware to the proper locations for insertion and operate foot pedal to attach hardware.
- Verify that the installation of the hardware is flush, secure and meets the required specification and workmanship standards.
- Ensure that all hardware has been installed prior to releasing the product to the next operation.
- Programming the counters on the hardware machines to assure that no hardware is missed during installation
- Sort and stack parts on cart/skid, maintaining a clean and organized work environment and production status of the product at all times.
- Notify area Manager and or Quality when corrective action is required.
- Must have the ability to receive and maintain operator self-inspection stamp to meet quality expectations of Metal Works, Inc. and the customer.
- Verify that Operation Steps indicated on the Job Traveler for prior operations have been signed off prior to beginning job.
- Complete job travelers and ensure job paperwork follows parts through the manufacturing process.
- Enter labor into manufacturing system via barcode prior to releasing product to the next operation.
- Responsible for the quality and adequacy of own work.
- Adherence to the Company’s Personnel Policies & Procedures
Interfaces: Intercompany personnel.
People Managed: N/A.
Decisions: Under direct supervision, works alone or as part of a team.
Impact of Error: Impact is on product quality and functionality
Ability to follow instructions verbal and or written
Ability to operate machines in a safe and responsible manner
Ability to work in a fast paced environment
Maintains accurate and complete records.
Must be able to stand for an 8-10 hour shift.
Lifting capabilities 15 lbs repeatedly with maximum lifting of 50lbs.
Range of Motion: Bending, reaching
Safety Glasses with side shield while on the production floor
Education and or Experience
High School Diploma, GED or equivalent of 1 year machine operator experience
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.