US$80000 - US$105000 per year
over 1 year ago
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Engineer to work for a client in Seymour, CT. This is a direct hire.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: This position will be accountable for the design of all mechanical parts, mechanical assemblies and products, produced and outsourced. Research, design, evaluate, maintain mechanical products and specifications, develop test equipment and processes, to meet requirements.
- Utilize SolidWorks to convert documentation, perform part design, develop new products and sustaining engineering.
- Mechanical Documentation, BOM supporting ERP
- Supplier Tooling and process
- Continuous improvement/Lean
- Customer interface to support requested design enhancements to products
- Materials research
- Geometric tolerancing of internal products
- Service Technician and assembly technician support
- Compliance to VCAP (Verified Conformity assessment Program) and NTEP (National Type Evaluation Program) of internal and external products.
- DFM, DFA and 3D
Education and/or Work Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 8 to 10 years' experience with mechanical product design
- Supplier interface on process, materials and quality
- Communication in a team environment
- Can articulate and demonstrate knowledge of Lean
Location: Seymour, CT.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.