Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Field Service Engineer to work for a client in Beacon Falls, CT. This is a direct hire.
We are looking for candidates that want to travel nationally and internationally. International travel will be Italy, Egypt, Turkey, Malaysia, Chili, Peru, Mexico, Singapore, Taiwan, Australia, Europe. This role will be 25-50% travel with 1 month out of the year 75% travel. They will train customers on there equipment. We are looking for self -starter and they will train. They will need to pass the e-rail safe security background check and they will have to drive a truck that is a valid class B with air brakes. They will take someone from electronic industry, electrical background has not seemed to work. They want someone that can deal with technology and work with boards and have mechanical aptitude.
The Field Service Engineer will perform technical, production and support tasks related to the programmable logic controller (PLC) and Operating System requirements for ultrasonic equipment and projects. The expectation of the position will be to provide highly scored customer level service with excellent quality as the driver. A primary responsibility will be to understand and communicate with the customer to exceed expectations. In order to attain this goal, the Field Service Engineer will use root cause problem solving and will project manage solutions for each customer. This includes providing direction and training to customers and team members including Systems Support Technicians. Continuous improvement is an expectation. Customer satisfaction will provide the measuring stick for performance evaluation.
- Provide customer high level expertise support and technical service, both domestic and international, related to the core technology which includes computer hardware configurations, operating systems and applications software via phone, remote connection and on-site presence
- Available to accommodate customer schedules for off-hours support
- Train and offer expertise to both customers and team members under guidance of SRT
- Collaborate in ultrasonic inspection system (UIS) software development testing and trials
- Drive project management to update system software and firmware, as well as identified system problems found in the field using best practices
- Responsible for field service & technical supervision related to troubleshooting, maintenance, training and calibration for UIS
- Responsible for documenting & maintaining records for DSP and legacy inspection system printed circuit board assembly's serial numbers, version codes, and revision status
- Responsible for tracking and improving customer satisfaction
- Responsible for the configuration & integration of various computers & devices into UIS
- Install & test all system board level firmware; verify system operation using application software Perform Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP) and commissioning as required on all equipment
- Promote safety and awareness, maintain a safe working environment
- Perform root cause analysis and implement solutions to drive improvement with customer satisfaction
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Associate of Engineering, Computer Science, Electronics or other related degrees; vocational technical degree (required)
Bachelor's degree (preferred).
- 5 years of work experience in printed circuit board wiring and assembly practices, computer and software integration (preferred)
- 2 years of technical field service experience (preferred) 2 years of project management (preferred)
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve equipment problems Manage projects using project protocols
- Requires mechanical aptitude to physically repair machinery
- Proficient in the use of computer applications such as word processing, spreadsheets and basic understanding of database applications
- Ability to read and interpret electronic schematics and electromechanical assembly drawings
- A keen knowledge of digital logic operation, microprocessor and FPGA principles, operation and interfaces.
- Familiar with continuous improvement
- Familiar with Ethernet networks and switches, as well as IP Networking principles.
- An understanding of Analog Amplifier operation and Linear and Switching Power Supplies. Experience with Analog and Digital Test Equipment, Oscilloscopes, Logic Analyzers,
- Frequency/Pattern Generators, Spectrum Analyzers, etc.
- Familiarity with non-destructive testing - will be trained up to UT Level II
Location: Beacon Falls, CT. - this position can be worked remotely.
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.