Commack, New York
depends on experience
about 1 year ago
Lighthouse Professional Services is currently seeking a Field Operations Technician to work for one of our clients based in Long Island, NY on a direct hire basis.
This position is located on Long Island, NY and is a uniquely remote position for our client's Field Operations. Must be self-directed and motivated as you will not be physically reporting to a company location each day. Must have the ability to provide a secure and private location in their existing residence to perform required functions. Significant travel to other areas and subsequently, other client facilities. Must live no more than five (5) miles to the east or thirty (30) miles to the west of the South Commack Meter Station located at 40 New Highway, Commack, NY.
The Field Operations Technician will perform a variety of operational and maintenance tasks in several associated areas (e.g. pipeline maintenance, measurement, corrosion, compression) to assure continuity of operations of assigned facilities within Company operating/safety/environmental procedures. Ensure operability of engines, compressors, cooling equipment, pumps, valves, fittings and other associated equipment. Operate and maintain assigned company vehicles and equipment. Compliance with Company procedures and policies is critical to this position. Follow all safety procedures. Ensure operator qualification compliance through continued education and training.
Ability to read and interpret operating manuals and engineering standards. Knowledge and hands-on skills using various mechanical, electrical, measurement, hand and power tools to operate and maintain a compressor station, turbines and related equipment. Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently. Effective oral, communication and basic computer skills required. Ability and desire to read and understand procedures prior to performing work as a matter of routine practice. Experience with PLC based controls, turbines compression equipment a plus.
- High School degree/GED/technical degree and/or industry experience with a technical background.
- Minimum five (5) years of related work experience.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Salary range: $75-85K depending on experience (maybe more for the ideal candidate)
- Requires pre-employment background verification and drug and alcohol screening. Our client is committed to being a safe and drug-free workplace. In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), our client is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety-sensitive duties for covered DOT positions who have held similar positions in the past. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for our client to obtain these records, he/she will not be permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions. This position is safety sensitive and is subject to random drug and alcohol testing.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.