US$15.00 - US$16.00 per hour
about 1 year ago
Monroe Staffing Services is currently seeking qualified candidates for exciting Fiber Optic Assembler opportunities in the Wallingford, CT area. The Assembler position will be with a stable company anticipating continued growth in the next quarter. As an Assembler, your daily duties may consist up to but not limited to:
Job Description Detail
- Read work instructions, blueprints, schematics, diagrams, or technical orders to determine methods and sequences of assembly.
- Assemble and test electromechanical assembles, using test instruments, and analyze results to evaluate performance, and determine need for adjustment
- Install electrical or electronic parts and hardware in housings or assemblies, using soldering equipment, hand tools or power tools.
- Responsible for following procedures for product assembly, measurement, fabrication, equipment operation and safety requirements and incoming quality inspection of manufactured raw materials.
- Record data on testing techniques, production and laboratory equipment, or specifications to assist engineers.
- Identify, resolve and repair product malfunctions, may work with customer as necessary to replace parts
- Provide engineering support for new or existing product with regard to installation, upgrades, or enhancements.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Some versions of this role might include use of Bridgeport, lathe and drill press machinery for production of prototyping and test fixtures for individuals experienced with using such equipment.
- Some versions of this role might include assisting in issuing purchase orders to vendors for product and lab supply purchases for individuals with appropriate experience
- Some versions of this role might include shipping and receiving operations including preparation of international shipments.
Skills, Experience & Physical Capabilities
- Requires High School diploma
- At least 2-4 years' experience with electro-mechanical assembly, quality control, and packaging.
- Experience with electrical and mechanical measurements using calipers, micrometers, and digital meters.
- Experience with soldering equipment and materials.
- Skilled in using hand tools and basic electronic equipment
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.