For almost 50 years, Monroe Staffing Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a Mechanical Project Engineer in Trumbull, CT.
As a (an) Mechanical Project Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
R&D is currently seeking a dynamic Senior Mechanical Project Engineer to join our team based in Trumbull, CT. The right candidate will be excited to provide mechanical design support to existing and in-development products, be comfortable in a fast-paced environment, and derive satisfaction from knowing that their efforts ultimately lead to improved quality of life for our patients.
The Senior Engineer is the primary technical resource on a product development or sustaining engineering team and performs their duties with minimal supervision. The position is responsible for providing technical leadership to the development team that includes design, development, testing, troubleshooting, technical documentation, transfer to manufacturing and conformance to all relevant regulations.
- Designs, prototypes, tests and develops components, sub-assemblies, systems and full products of up to moderate complexity.
- Creates test protocols, runs experiments and writes test reports.
- Completes product documentation of moderate to high complexity.
- Analyzes moderate to high complexity engineering problems, defines problem, recommends and implements solutions.
- May lead projects of limited complexity.
- May lead technicians.
- Proficient with mechanical design tools (SolidWorks, AutoCAD), GD&T, Finite Element Analysis, free body diagrams, FMEA, engineering drawings and documentation.
- Experience with designing and testing using rapid prototyping techniques.
- Design, fabrication and testing proficiency with common manufacturing techniques for high-volume, disposable parts - machining, injection molding, stamping, casting, MIM, etc.
- Experience with root cause analysis and corrective/preventive action procedures.
- Proficiency inventing, innovating and launching products.
- Proficiency with analysis and problem solving.
- Proficiency with design of experiments, protocol and model development, testing and documentation.
- Experience with lab testing and fabrication equipment (force gauges & test stands w/data acquisition, 3d printers, etc.)
- Proficiency interacting with all functions within a business.
- Proficiency in clinical and pre-clinical settings.
- Ability to utilize common office and web-based software (email, spreadsheets, word processing, presentations) effectively.
- Ability to present technical materials to non-technical personnel up to 2 levels higher effectively.
- Knowledgeable of and work within FDA, MDD, ISO, CSI and other relevant standards.
- Has launched numerous products in the medical device field of low to moderate complexity.
- Contributed as team member to launch of new products.
- Contributed as team member to sustaining engineering activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering with 10+ years industry experience, Master's degree in engineering management or business with 8+ years industry experience, PhD with 3+ years industry experience.
- Thorough understanding of medical device manufacturing, especially as it relates to FDA (cGMP) manufacturing requirements.
- Duration: direct hire
- Location: Trumbull, CT.
- Salary: $120,000-135,000
- Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.