The Engineering Technician reports directly to the Project Manager. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries.
- Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- Write work instructions/methods for low priority projects.
- Build pilot assemblies with written work instructions, and training video, created for low priority projects.
- Build pilot assemblies using written instructions or prints for high priority projects from Project Manager.
- Perform verification operations on pilot jobs.
- Debug and offer ideas for assembly instructions, fixtures and testing.
- Drafts detail drawing or sketch to request parts/tooling fabrication by machine shop/maintenance or outside vendors. Some machining capability preferred.
- Maintain lot traceability of assembly items, documents and procedures.
- Perform qualification tests with instructions given on jobs, such as first article inspection, pilot run inspection, and functional tests (bend, rotational, pull tests).
- Generate engineering tests (ET's) on jobs, with consultation from Project Manager.
- Records test procedures and results, numerical and graphical data, and recommendations for changes in product or test method.
- Ability to document yield and job rates on parts transitioning from pilot to production.
- Offer training on pilot job operations to operators for production.
- Assist with the transition from pilot to production.
- Assist engineers to troubleshoot product yield problems.
- Become capable of operating critical processing equipment such as vacuum furnaces, sputter machines, XRF machines, etc.
- Possess good organizational skills.
- Possess good communication skills verbal and written.
- Capable of multi-tasking.
- Competent in meeting deadlines and schedules.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Three to five years related experience and/or training.
- Must have familiarity with Microsoft Office products or equivalents.
- Due to ITAR regulations employee must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident.
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.