Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking an Engineering Technician to work for one of our clients in Trumbull, CT on 2-4 week temporary basis.
This position is responsible for assisting engineers with executing engineering test protocols for R&D products; will be supporting product quality testing. Preferred background/experience to include product testing and reporting. Good documentation skills and knowledge of general engineering concepts are preferred.
- Understands test protocols, performs testing, evaluates results, and summarizes results.
- Clearly communicates observations and results of the testing with engineers.
- Associate's Degree in mechanical engineering technology or closely related degree.
- 1-2 years of experience working in an engineering laboratory setting, may be in academia.
- Experience in executing engineering test protocols or test procedures.
- Experience in summarizing and documenting test results.
- Self-directed with the ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Knowledge of the practical application of engineering science and technology. This includes applying principles, techniques, procedures, and equipment to the design and production of various goods and services.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to work well in a team environment.
- Good organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Competency in Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, Excel, Project and Visio.
- 2 - 4 week temporary assignment
- 1st shift, Monday - Friday, 8am - 4:30pm
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.