Job Title: Engineering Technician
Location: Monroe, CT
Support the start-up of a critical, on-going initiative supporting the manufacturing of ultra-high precision EUV technology. Assist in defining and supporting the process for transferring the machining of ceramic parts to a new 5-axis CNC machining center to include programming, fixturing, documentation and training.
Also responsible for supporting a variety of complex manufacturing engineering projects and manufacturing production tasks. Support includes, but is not limited to, machine operations, machine programming or precision assembly. Also, responsible for complying with quality systems, Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and work instructions. Recommend improvements to new and existing programs, documentation, fixturing and processes. Maintain a safe, organized and clean work environment. Communicate effectively to optimize Quality, Safety and Efficiency.
- Minimum high school diploma, 2-year technical degree desirable
- 5 to 7 years applicable experience
- CNC/EDM machine programming experience highly desirable (if assigned to position relating to CNC/EDM)
- Experience using Surfcam CAD/CAM highly desirable (if assigned to position relating to CNC/EDM)
- Precision assembly experience required (if assigned to position relating to precision assembly)
- Experience with precision measurement methods and systems
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings/blueprints and process procedures
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and procedures closely while offering suggestions for continuous improvement
- Experience with networked PC based computer system (spreadsheets, Email, MRP systems)
- Hands-on individual with keen interest in position with varied tasks.
- Goal oriented with a proven record of getting work done on time.
- High mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Experience with use of various measuring tools.
- Good manual dexterity
- Experience with process improvement initiatives.
- Clean and organized; high attention to detail.
- Able to get along well with others.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to work overtime.
- Able to frequently lift/push/pull objects that are 25 pounds, or lighter, repeatedly.
- Able to sit, stand, bend, squat and walk about the facility.
- Walking/standing a minimum of eight (8) hours per day.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.