As a (an) 2nd shift EDM Technician your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
The individual working in this position will be directly responsible for the setup, changeover, maintenance, programming, and general advancement of the wire EDM cell. It requires the practical application of good manufacturing practices and organizational skills. The ideal candidate possesses strong CNC wire EDM skills, excellent interpersonal skills and an aptitude for hands-on problem solving.
- Setup and changeover production / development wire EDM jobs
- Perform preventative and / or emergency maintenance within the wire EDM cell
- Program new wire EDM jobs and optimize / modify existing ones as necessary
- Suggest / implement enhancements to the cell to reduce cycle / lead times and costs
- Train operators to applicable work instructions and good manufacturing practices
- Monitor production through in-process inspections to ensure product is being made to specification
- Troubleshoot program and equipment issues
- Perform duties of operator on emergency fill-in basis
- Interact with Engineering, Operations, Quality, Logistics and HR as required
Adhere to company procedures / quality standards and ensure compliance to customer specifications and applicable external regulations (ex: OSHA, FDA).
- Minimum 2-year technical degree/ Equivalent work experience will be considered
- 3-5-year minimum wire EDM experience (operation, programming, troubleshooting, setup)
- Proven CAD/CAM experience is a must (SolidWorks, CamWorks and/or Esprit would be extremely helpful)
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must have proven wire EDM abilities, be an agent of change and exhibit good project / people management skills.
- Must possess good technical and interpersonal skills in order to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Individual must be organized and focused on of all aspects of the position. Must be a self-starter and capable of working with minimal supervision and guidance.
- Duration: direct hire
- Location: Bethel, CT.
- Shift: 2nd
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.