Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Director of Civil Engineering to work on a direct hire basis for one of our clients in Rocky Hill, CT. This can be someone presently in a similar role or a growth opportunity for a Sr. Project Manager with 7-10 years of experience looking to make the next step. The position entails heavy client interface so this person has to present themselves well and have strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must have a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering and a Connecticut Professional Engineer (P.E.) license.
The Director of Civil Engineering will serve as a leader and proponent of the company's civil engineering group and as a solution provider to our clients. The Director of Civil Engineering will have business development and client relationship responsibilities. The person in this role will also serve as a resource, mentor and supervisor to team members and will lead the team in delivering high quality technical services as the leading Trusted Advisor in our industry. Lastly, the Director of Civil Engineering will be recognized for the productivity and success of the civil department.
- Manage the day-to-day operations of the Civil Engineering team in the Northeast.
- Determine business direction and marketing focus for the civil department. Utilization of compatible company expertise is important to achieving corporate vision and goals.
- Transportation; Industrial, and Commercial Site Development; Water Resources and Wastewater Treatment are all compatible business directions
- Assist in developing an annual strategic plan for the civil department to ensure both short-term and long-term success
- Work independently with minimal supervision as the principal and major project representative
- Meet regularly with firm owners and other managers on operations, project work and talent
- Work cooperatively with other managers
- Hire, supervise, coordinate, develop and lead the civil team
- Monitor progress, provide financial control and ensure successful projects
- Oversee the management of civil engineering projects including but not limited to concept planning, site design and permitting, construction documents, and bid packages
- Responsible for client satisfaction to ensure the highest quality service for our clients
- Work with the Business Development Director on business development efforts for civil engineering projects
- Support Project Managers
- Manage client communications and project administration including deliverable quality assurance/quality control reviews, project budget, invoicing and schedule maintenance
- Prepare proposals including Scope of Work, fee estimate and schedule development
- Independent and coordinated client development activities including meetings with prospective clients, presentations to client groups and at technical seminars, and follow-up communications and tracking
- B.S. in Civil Engineering and Connecticut Professional Engineer (P.E.) license required
- Advanced degrees desirable
- General Computer Competency, Microsoft Office skills required; AutoCAD desirable
- 15 - 20 years of Civil Engineering experience in responsible charge of design groups
- Client Management experience in civil site design, transportation and water resource projects
- Excellent communication skills
- Direct hire with benefits that include a retirement plan as well as health and disability insurance
- Flexible 1st shift schedule between the hours of 8am - 5pm
- Salary range: up to $125K with bonus based on profitability
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.