New Haven, Connecticut
depends on experience
over 1 year ago
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Controls Mechanic to work for one of our clients in New Haven, CT on a direct hire basis.
This position is part of the Retro Commissioning Team. The Controls Mechanic will be responsible for installing and maintaining University equipment to include HVAC, HVAC Building Automation systems, electronics and pneumatics. This position demands a broad skill set including necessary experience to work on and troubleshoot Building Automation systems, direct digital controls (DDC), variable frequency drive DDC interfaces and DDC mechanical point monitoring within a Building Automation network.
- Under the direction of the supervisor, and under limited supervision, performs assignments and assumes general responsibility for the completion of assignments.
- Directs the work of employees under the direction of the supervisor.
- Determines the manpower and material requirements and the means and methods to be used in accomplishing work assignments and recommends changes. Secures materials, supplies and equipment.
- Performs incidental work required on the equipment maintained by the trade.
- Performs routine scheduled maintenance, cleaning and adjustment of equipment components associated with controls, as required.
- Maintains clean work area and/or cleans up job site.
- Observes safety standards and practices.
- Diagnoses, services and repairs pneumatic, electric and local electronic controls systems associated with building HVAC/HVAC Building Automation systems using prints and schematics.
- Retrofits and installs local electrical, electronic and pneumatic control systems including wiring and tubing.
- Must be able to diagnose building related problems via the automation system.
- Maintains, installs and networks building automation systems hardware and field equipment.
- Utilizing controls application software via desktop or laptop, diagnoses and repairs issues pertaining to the Building Automation System network and the DDC controllers which reside within the system.
- All field changes (including changes to sequence of operations) and/or software alterations need to be communicated with the appropriate manager.
- Performs related duties as required or assigned within job classification.
Required Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 4 years of experience in Building Automation systems pertaining to HVAC and HVAC direct digital controls, HVAC variable frequency drive DDC interfaces and DDC mechanical point monitoring within a Building Automation network.
- Experience with Johnson Controls, Siemens, Automated Logic, Niagra/Tridium, or Honeywell systems required.
- Must have at least have a High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have a demonstrated record of consistent and reliable job performance in an equivalent position.
- Ability to read, write, follow written and verbal instructions and to handle mathematics pertinent to the job.
- Experience with computers to include MS Software; Word, Excel, and e-mail (Outlook).
- Excellent customer service skills.
- The ability to communicate with other mechanics, control specialists, programmers, and contractors about software and hardware changes/upgrades on related building automation systems.
- After training, must be proficient in FAMIS and work order entry and completion.
Required Licenses or Certifications:
- Must possess a valid Connecticut S-2 license or higher or, E-2 license or higher. Only if possessing experience with control systems.
- Must have a driver's license valid in the State of Connecticut.
- Climbs ladders and scaffolding in excess of eight (8) feet.
- Frequent stooping, bending, kneeling and/or squatting.
- Works in confined areas.
- Sustained overhead work.
- Works outside in all types of weather.
- Moves both arms and shoulders in full and extended motion while working with heavy tools.
- Moves equipment, tools and materials of up to fifty (50) pounds without assistance.
- Direct hire with benefits
- Pay up to $37/hour
- Work schedule: Monday - Friday, 7:30am - 4:30pm
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.