depends on experience
over 1 year ago
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC Turret Lathe Machinist to work 3rd shift for one of our clients in Ashland, MA.
Set up and operate CNC Turret Lathes and/or machining centers to perform a normal range of operations including to drill, ream, bore, tap, thread, chamfer, turn, face, repeatedly to close tolerances and required finishes.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work from drawings, route sheets, CNC programs using required equipment, fixtures, tooling, chucks, collets, etc. necessary to perform required operations.
- Use micrometers, verniers, dial indicators, comparators and other measuring equipment.
- Set-ups exacting and somewhat difficult, may include turning or boring chuck jaws for specific jobs.
- Work on ferrous and non-ferrous metals with close tolerances.
- Down load programs and tools according to run off sheet. Set speeds and feeds and make dry run in presence of qualified set-up person and or Programmer. Program changes made by others.
- Change dull tooling. Sharpen tools as needed. Make necessary tool adjustments to retain required dimensions or finishes. Inspect own work to establish frequency.
- Maintain necessary records.
- Move materials as necessary in performance of duties or as directed.
- Detect and report improper operations, faulty equipment, defective materials and unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Maintain work area and equipment in clean and orderly conditions.
- Follow prescribed safety rules and regulations.
- Assist with training employees as directed.
- Perform other related duties as assigned or as directed.
- Experience with Okuma and Mori Seiki machines.
- Basic mathematical skills together with the use of CNC programs, complicated drawings, route sheets, and various types of precision measuring instruments.
- 1-3 years of applied machining training.
- Ability to read and interpret detailed instructions and procedures (blueprints, route sheets, and specifications).
- Must be able to acquire a powered industrial vehicle certification which includes a written, driving and a medical exam.
- Contract to hire
- 3rd shift
- Pay range: $17-$20/hour plus shift differential of 15% ($19.55-$23/hour)
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.