For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking a FPGA Design Engineer in Ridgefield, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) FPGA Design Engineer your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
This position will have a significant role in defining and implementing new designs for FPGA-based hardware for internet protocol packet inspection and post-processing of high-speed Ethernet traffic.
- Develop an FPGA packet handling application with Custom Hardware.
- Develop VHDL/Verilog modules and IP cores with Xilinx/Altera toolchain.
- Work with HDL simulation & verification toolchain.
- Implement communications protocols from specification & requirement documents
- Setup and Test new hardware platforms that are developed.
- Work effectively within a cross-functional team environment.
- Other duties as management may so direct.
- Able to work in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
- Current or previous security clearances a plus
- 2-10 years' work experience with embedded systems and FPGA development
- College degree in a relevant field of study. i.e. engineering, computer science, physics, etc. (advanced degree a plus)
- Limited travel may be required
Job Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Fluent in VHDL or Verilog hardware description languages
- Experience with HDL simulation & verification (e.g. open source Verilator)
- Experience with UDP and TCP/IP packet handling
- Knowledge of computer system architecture
- Experience debugging system level problems
- Experience with testing Hardware
- Experience integrating and debugging a driver to a custom FPGA
- Excellent problem-solving skills and critical thinking abilityOverall coordination, development and execution of product development.
- Knowledge of relevant software/systems as follows:
- Development skills and overall knowledge of Linux systems
- Experience writing system level C/C++ code for embedded systems plus
- Experience as an embedded developer using an ARM environment a plus
- Experience with embedded Linux
- Experience building and configuring Linux for custom hardware platforms a plus
- Knowledgeable and Comfortable working with the Linux kernel
- Able to generate custom Linux builds with Yocto is a plus
- Duration: Permanent Direct Hire
- Location: Ridgefield, CT.
- Salary: $80-120K+ for a Senior Candidate
- Benefits: Yes
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.