Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC Programmer with CAMWorks/Mastercam experience needed to work 1st shift for one of our clients in High Point, NC on a direct basis.
This position is responsible in assisting the machinist and parts production team with respect to parts production, assisting with quality control, maintaining safety and orderliness, assistance with maintenance of equipment and tools, and reporting any problems to the Manager. Generating and controlling CNC programs for production machine models. Use of 3-D modeling software (CAMWorks or Mastercam) for CNC process.
- Performs functional procedures; by ensuring that tools, equipment, and work space is clean and orderly; by troubleshooting tool and equipment problems, and by keeping Supervisor appraised of any problems, concerns, and issues regarding products and/or machining, as necessary.
- Performs troubleshooting and parts production duties by working on the production of parts as directed by Supervisor; by troubleshooting production problems; by requesting parts and/or tools, when necessary; by performing accurate, quality parts production in a timely manner; by performing adjustments needed to ensure factory settings and specifications; by using schematics, engineering documentation, and precedent to produce parts; and by submitting finished parts to Quality Control, appropriate Team Member, or Department.
- Maintains tools, equipment, and work space by following instructions on tool and equipment use; by reporting problems, repairs needed, and repairs performed to Supervisor; by performing repairs as needed; by regularly cleaning tools, equipment, and work space throughout shift; by cleaning and detailing tools, equipment, and work space at the end of every shift; and by following instructions regarding routine maintenance and/or treatment for tools, equipment, and work space.
- Keeps management informed by reporting problems immediately to management verbally or in writing, in order to avoid confusion and problems.
- Manages time and resources by using Company resources in order to maximize productivity and accomplish tasks on time.
- Complies with Established Procedures by learning and following all policies and procedures of the Department in order to work efficiently and to meet the expectations of the Company.
- Generates machining work instructions; provides and creates jigs or fixtures for machining of parts.
- Contributes to the team effort by being flexible in work assignments; by covering for other staff as needed; and by accomplishing related tasks when reasonably requested.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attaining job-related certification; by keeping up on industry trends; and by applying that knowledge to the job.
- Acts on constructive feedback by being open to feedback from peers, supervisors, and clients.
- Improves processes by examining departmental work processes, research procedures, administrative procedures, etc.; and by recommending changes where appropriate.
- Upholds work standards by maintaining professional conduct and appearance; by realizing one's own limitations and to seek assistance when needed; and by using established communication channels.
- Able to understand and read drawings.
- 3+ years of CNC programming experience - Fanuc, Okuma, and Siemens.
- Skilled to operate CNC machines preferred.
- Skilled on using measuring equipment (dial indicator, test indicator, calipers, micrometers).
- Perform set-up process per machined parts.
- Familiarity with machine controls to enable editing and writing of part cutting programs, (Fanuc, Okuma and Siemens).
- Experience working in a manufacturing or production preferred.
- ISO and SAP experience a plus.
- Language Skills: Ability to effectively communicate with, staff and management in English.
- Mathematical Skills: Able to utilize and calculate standard machining formulas.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, and percentages.
- Reasoning Skills: Ability to apply knowledge and sense of understanding to carry-out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variable in standardized situations.
- Must be able to use a computer and such applications as Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and 3-D software (Mastercam, CAMWorks), and be able to design custom reports as needed.
- Experience driving forklift and using measuring tools preferred.
- Must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, occasionally using a hoist and/or crane.
- May be required to work beyond normal business hours when necessary.
- Direct hire with benefits
- 1st shift
- Salary depends on experience
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.