depends on experience
over 1 year ago
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC Milling Machinist to work 2nd shift for a client in Bristol, CT.
As a CNC Milling Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to: set-up, operation and program editing of CNC milling machines.
Setup and operate a variety of machine tools to produce precision parts and instruments using CNC work centers. Use CNC Machines to cut and shape precision products, such as machine parts and compressors. Carefully plan and prepare machining operation by reviewing three-dimensional computer aided/automated design (CAD) blueprints of the part(s).
- CNC setup, operation and program editing
- Selects tools and materials for assigned work orders from company setup sheets
- Checks new programs to ensure that the machinery will function properly and that the output will meet specifications
- Maintains high level of work center performance by performing preventive maintenance as required
- Supports all regulations and requirements that are necessary for ISO-9001 and ISO-140001
- Responsible for aiding in own self-development by being available and receptive to all training made available by the company
- Plans daily activities within the guidelines of company policy, job description, and supervisor's instruction in such a way as to maximize personal output
- Responsible for 6S in work area to ensure safety to self and co-workers. Report any unsafe conditions and/or practices to the appropriate supervisor and human resources and immediately correct any unsafe conditions to the best of own ability
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Demonstrated CNC machining experience
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints are an absolute must
- Ability to setup machines and make tool offset compensations
- Ability to use standard inspection gages and inspection tools
- 2nd shift: 3:30pm - 11pm (training to take place on 1st shift for 2-3 weeks: 7am - 3:30pm)
- Contract to hire but may hire direct for the right individual/experience
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.