$26 - $30 per hour
about 1 year ago
Temp to Perm
This company has invested in three brand-new CNC machines, and we are currently looking for SKILLED CNC Machinists to set up and operate them! We have positions open for 2nd shift and 3rd shift.
Note: training for these roles will take place at sister facility in Connecticut. All expenses are covered and paid.
Setup and operate all standard and CNC machine shop equipment to produce high quality parts.
• Setup and perform a variety of machining operations on standard and CNC equipment
• Create and edit intricate programs for CNC operation
• Know and understand simple mathematical application of geometry and trigonometry.
• Read and understand simple to complex blueprints.
• Plan and execute simple projects, such as building simple jigs and fixtures.
• Be responsible for all work produced by visual and dimensional inspection to ensure designated quality standards.
• Follow all plant safety rules and understand that working safely is a condition of employment.
• Maintain a clean work area and follow principles of 5S.
• Performs other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements:
• Machinist diploma or ample experience in a machine shop environment
• High school diploma or equivalent certificate
• Must be able to work as a team player to help everyone succeed
• Must be safety-conscious
• Must manage time wisely, maintain good attendance
• Must adhere to all Company policies (safety, attendance, behavioral, etc.)
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize
• Must be able to work well with subordinates, peers and superiors in all departments of the Company
• Ability to work under demanding time and constraints, including the ability to meet scheduling requirements
• Must have basic writing, reading and math skills sufficient to accurately measure, record, and process work
• Individual must be a US Citizen, or Permanent Resident alien of the United States, or Protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
• Must be willing to travel for training as needed.
• Must be flexible and willing to adjust shift start/end times as well as work other shifts as needed.
• Must be able to become certified on forklifts and walk-behind pallet jacks.
• Must be capable of standing/walking for the majority of an 8 to 10-hour workday
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds unassisted by using proper lifting techniques.
• Must have the physical ability and stamina to lift and move goods repeatedly.
• Ability to work inside a manufacturing environment
• Frequently reach with hands and arms; use hands to manipulate, handle or feel material
• Constant use of hands/fingers to grasp, pinch, pull, feel, or handle and manipulate parts and tools
• Constant requirement of specific vision abilities including close vision, distant vision, depth perception
• Constantly wear eye, foot, and hearing protection
Resumes will be needed.