Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a CNC Grind Machinist with aerospace industry experience to work 2nd shift for a client in Windsor, CT.
As a CNC Grind Machinist your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- Perform set ups and operation of jobs, ensuring part conformance to specifications and requirements.
- Perform program editing using G & M code. Make necessary modifications or adjustments.
- Read and understand standard and geometric tolerances on blue prints and work instructions/operations sheets.
- Verify dimensions using standard measuring instruments, such as micrometers, depth gages, height gages and verniers.
- Familiar with Lean practices, 6S, and contributing to a continuous improvement environment.
- Meet customer production scheduling requirements.
- Maintain good housekeeping practices in work area in accordance with 6S principles.
- Comply with all safety regulations including wearing required protective equipment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years in aerospace manufacturing environment.
- 3+ years of experience setting up and operating CNC machinery.
- Exceptional mechanical ability and strong mathematical skills.
- Familiar with Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Experience working with exotic metals, including Inconel, Rene, etc.
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability with demonstrated ability to work collaboratively to solve complex issues.
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent
- 2nd shift openings, Monday - Friday, 4:30pm - 1am
- 6 month contract to hire but may hire direct for the right individual/experience
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.