Job Title: Chemical Operator (1st / 2nd / 3rd Shifts open)
Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift Chemical Operator to work for a client in Wallingford on a 6-month temp to hire role.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
- Mechanical - Being aware of the basic mechanics involved with all the systems and equipment used in the plant/facility
- Chemical - Knowledge of basic chemistry and its production application.
- Mechanical Aptitude - The ability to adeptly utilize the equipment. This includes forklifts, valves, vacuum systems, cooling/heating systems, pumps and various other items and systems
- Trainability - This skill demonstrated by how quickly and thoroughly procedures and equipment are learned
- Physical Skill - to be able to correctly lift/move heavy objects utilizing all the best ergonomic techniques
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Follow procedures for all product packaging
- Maintain organization of raw material and supply inventories
- Unload incoming raw material bulk shipments
- Move products and raw materials between production and warehousing areas
- Maintain communication with other plant personnel in regard to their job progress
- Maintain organization and neatness of plant yard
- In accordance with production schedule, supply heating shed with appropriate raw materials
- Monitor and handle hazardous waste containers in accordance with procedures
- Assist in manufacturing procedures
- Must successfully complete appropriate D.O.T. Hazmat training
- Participates in emergency response as defined in the program and training capability
- Must successfully complete RCRA training according to job function and the regulations
- Follows emergency response procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must remain clean shaven and be capable of wearing SCBA and other types of respirators
- High School diploma or equivalency
- Must be able to read and write English
- Good math aptitude
- Ability to read and follow manufacturing procedures
- Working in a warehouse would be a plus
- Forklift driving would be a plus
- Machine operating Operator would be a plus
- Duration: temp to permanent
- Location: Wallingford, CT.
- Salary: $19.25-21.25.
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.