US$18.00 - US$20.00 per hour
23 days ago
The Buyer Planner will be responsible for maximizing our service performance while minimizing our inventory investment on select product groups and/or product lines. This will be achieved by a combination of detailed planning in association with high level or strategic planning.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Cut purchase orders for parts, materials and/or services; coordinate with appropriate departments to ensure timely execution of purchase orders and delivery
- Responsible of planning and purchasing of all fabric and related items (thread, cords, etc., present on fabric file)
- Responsible of planning and purchasing of all tubes
- Ensure materials are available to support customer requirements while minimizing the freight costs
- Monitor material shortages, identify and implement corrective actions
- Keep material availability dates updated and accurate
- Work with Forecasting, Sales & Marketing to develop accurate forecasts
- Continuously look for service opportunities
- Work with Materials Manager on reducing lead times, minimums and price break quantities
- Provide forecasts to major suppliers
- Continuously look for inventory opportunities
- Monitor "aged" inventories to identify opportunities to reduce and prevent
- Get obsolete inventory dispositioned and ultimately consumed, sold or scrapped
- Expedite orders for all projects daily to ensure uninterrupted operations. This will be done primarily by phone.
- Works closely with vendors to resolve any billing or delivery disputes.
- Ensure "best total value" and "lowest total cost of ownership" concepts are incorporated into vendor selection decisions.
- Act as a subject matter expert for the requisition through invoice payment processes ensuring proper execution and issue resolution.
- Effectively communicate with all internal and external disciplines (i.e. Production, Finance, Suppliers, etc.).
- Facilitate the implementation of purchasing "Best Practices"
- Other duties as assigned by management
- Strong verbal and written skills
- A high school degree with 2 - 4 years related experience is required. A Bachelor's degree in Business Administration or Marketing would be an additional asset
- APICS certification is preferred.
- Two to four years successful Production Control experience is required with proven performance in all P&IC concepts and techniques.
- Must be detailed oriented
- Must be computer literate with some familiarity with Excel and Word
- Must be able to work efficiently in a fast paced, multi-tasking environment, while keeping correct data
- Conform to all quality and safety procedures
- Ability to work in a high energy environment and wear multiple hats if required.
- Strong communication skills to convey ideas and technical information effectively within team and to external stakeholders.
- Curiosity and strong drive to improve status-quo. Dig into details behind transactions.
- Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves issues. Escalates issues accordingly; checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
- Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs.
Call Angela 617-409-9764
Staffing 360 Solutions and its offerings are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.