The Business Development Specialist is on the front line, helping prospective customers learn about Monroe Staffing Services. Business Development Specialists develop phone-based and face to face revenue generation through the creation of sales leads, initiation of prospect calls, meetings and establishment of ongoing rapport with existing and potential customers and internal operations team.
- Develop a solid working knowledge of Monroe Staffing Services in order to be able to adequately present the company to prospects
- Territory management and developing business with prospective strategic customers
- Penetration and retention of existing customers in the light industrial vertical
- Gain a thorough understanding of the customer's needs/business issues and selecting the appropriate solution to meet those needs
- Closing sales through effective negotiation, by exploring alternatives and positions to reach outcomes that gain all parties' support and acceptance
- Accountable for generating qualified leads to ensure the achievement of increased revenue and gross margin goals, while in an outside sales environment. Models and acts in accordance with our guiding principles and core values
- Work together with staffing specialists to act as the account liaison to manage needs and grow account sales. Develops individual relationships by listening, sharing ideas, and appreciating others' efforts to enhance team collaboration on accounts
- Develop and implement plans to maximize and leverage phone time during working hours, including pre-call planning to meet metrics as designated by region
- High School Diploma required
- 2 years sales experience
- A strong business aptitude with excellent communication and negotiation skills
- An outstanding outgoing, dynamic, competitive, confident and entrepreneurial spirit
- Excellent time management skills with a high level of organization
- Metrics-orientated and able to work under pressure and communicate with different levels of management and diverse personality types
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Must be able to handle lifting general office materials (such as reams of paper), and to reach, push, bend, twist and squat to organize and open/close file cabinets and storage areas, sitting for long periods of time and standing at office equipment for long periods of time. Ability to see, hear and understand instructions. Must be able to work in assigned office from 8am-5pm Monday through Friday and visit clients as necessary.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.