Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are currently seeking a Bioinformatics Analyst to work for one of our clients in Branford, CT on a 10 month contract assignment.
We are looking for an innovative Bioinformatics Analyst to work with state of the art bioinformatics tools including Cloud Computing to analyze customer samples in a highly advanced DNA sequencing center.
This person will work closely with Bioinformaticians on the team to process and manage Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data, as well as other molecular testing data such as Sanger and MLPA. There are also opportunities for the Bioinformatics Analyst to develop new data processing pipelines, software applications, databases and custom scripts. Additional responsibilities include exploring and/or evaluating state of the art bioinformatics tools, maintaining sample tracking logs and delivering results to customers.
Experience and Required Skills:
- Bachelor or Master's degree in Bioinformatics, Biostatistics, Computer Sciences or equivalent in Life Sciences discipline
- Experience in building and delivering NGS data analysis pipelines and software applications is a plus
- Strong programming skills and proficient in programing languages including Perl/Python, R, SQL and shell scripting
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills required
- Ability to work independently as well as work with others in a team
- Experience in working in a clinical laboratory environment is preferred
- 10 month contract assignment
- Pay up to $35-45/hour (depending on experience)
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.