Monroe Staffing is looking for Assemblers Operators in New Bedford, MA Area
The Operator reports directly to the Production Supervisor. The role is an exciting opportunity to join a global, dynamic, Hi-Tech team, supporting the medical and aerospace industries. We are the industry leader in the development and manufacturer of ceramic to metal seals for both Aerospace and Medical markets. We help improve the quality of life with our implantable medical components, and we ensure the safety of travelers by developing multiple components for the Aerospace industry.
- · Perform various tasks as assigned by Department Supervisor.
- · Maintain quality and quantity with a strong sense of accountability and standards.
- · Perform detailed assembly operations using microscopes, tweezers, micrometers, or dial indicators.
- · Perform one or more repetitive bench operations.
- · Completes all relevant documentation.
- · Maintains material inspection records
- · Cleans and maintains equipment & work area.
- · Microscope use is required.
- · Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all local, state, and federal EHS regulations and with Morgan New Bedford, MA EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include but not limited to participation in required EHS training and use of proper PPE. Employees are responsible for reporting hazardous conditions and job-related injuries or illnesses to their supervisor.
- · Performs training/cross-training as required.
- · Performs one or more of the following assembly/verification operations:
- Helium leak Test
- Electrical Testing
- Visual Inspection
- Operator 2:
- · Able and willing to promote and conduct training/cross-training of all employees.
- · Proficient in all essential job functions.
- · Able to complete all job functions with minimal supervision.
- · Bright dip using acids to clean metal components.
- · File, deburr machines or clean parts using hand tools.
- · SS White and/or sandblast parts, mask as needed.
- Cleanroom dress and protocol is mandatory
- Etch metal
- Performs one or more of the following ceramic processing operations
- Ceramic cleaning
- Set-up for sputter
- Set-up for grind
- Mask and etch
- Visual verification
- · Bright dip using acids and other chemicals to clean metal components.
- · Utilizes CMM Machine to measure final assemblies.
- · Ransohoff wash machine to clean parts.
- · File, deburr machines or clean parts using hand tools
- · Measures machine parts, ceramic and metal components, sub-assemblies, assemblies for conformity to drawings and specifications.
- · Perform a basic metalizing tasks, such as screen printing, hand-painting, injecting, scribing, roller-coating, dabbing, dip & spray, etc.
- · Applies various metalizing inks and/or liquid resists to parts using hand-held paintbrushes to a wide range of parts, with the aid of a microscope at times.
- · Precision coats within scribed lines.
- · Mounts parts in the chuck of power-drive spindle and operates same to apply the uniform coating with various inks.
- · Makes small adjustments to ink viscosity.
- · Operates electric centrifuge machine and adjusts RPM and time cycle of same.
- · Dries painted ceramic parts using portable electric dryers, heat lamps and transit ovens and prepares parts for next operation.
- · Inspects painted and unpainted parts visually and mechanically using microscopes, gauges, scales, and micrometers.
- · Works with Engineers to develop methods for prototype parts.
- · Must work in a cleanroom environment.
Minimum Qualifications and Education Requirements
- · To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- · This position requires access to technology, materials, software or hardware that is controlled by export laws of the US. Hired employees are required to provide proof that they are a U.S. Person as defined by 22 CFR §120.15.
- · This position requires the use of Controlled Unclassified Information (CUI) which is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), Export Administration Regulations (EAR), and Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC).
- · Must be able to carry out written, oral, or diagram form instructions.
- · Basic math skills.
- · The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- · Required to pass eye tests
- · Required to stand, walk, and sit
- · Required to use finger, handle, feel & reach with hands & arms
- · Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs
- · Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.