1st shift = $14.50/hour & 2nd shift = $15.50)
6 months ago
Temp to Perm
Assemblers are responsible for light mechanical and electrical assembly of Lex’s products. Among the Assembler’s responsibilities are (1) reading drawing and electrical wiring diagrams, (2) cutting cable to meet product and customer requirements, (3) joining the components into a whole product using point to point wiring instructions, and (4) assembling and/or soldering electrical components as per the drawings. Assemblers are required to stand, bend and reach to perform they job.
(main focus/openings on 2nd shift a few on day shift for those that really match our needs). – generally 1st shift = $14.50/hour & 2nd shift = $15.50)
- Timely and accurately complete documentation and electronically record work in Floor Manager.
- Promptly report to supervisor all observations that are relevant to ensure a safe and efficient operation in the department.
- Use good judgment in performing tasks correctly the first time through.
- Provide input to help improve the performance of the department.
- Maintain a good attendance record in order to timely complete work assignments.
- Perform tasks while complying with company safety policies.
- Work overtime when needed.
- Perform other duties as required.
- High School Diploma
- Ability to read blue prints, schematics, and other manufacturing information.
- Ability to work in a standing position for extended periods of time.
- Ability to work in metric and English units of measure.
- Skilled in assembling products that meet quality standards.
- Prior experience assembling electrical or similar products preferred.
- Competence in safely and effectively using hand tools.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal communication skills with the ability to team with others.
- Basic math skills in order to complete job tasks.
- Practical problem solving ability.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Flexibility to adapt to changes in the work environment and work assignments.