Application Development Manager
The Applications Development Manager role is a highly technical role.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with product owners to plan and execute mission critical applications and roadmap. Ensure product, technical specifications and resources are available to team members.
- Collaborate with product management in defining product vision that meets current and future customer needs and markets. Architect and develop a state-of-the-art technology development platform to support product management and company vision.
- Works closely with technical operations team to ensure network and operating systems will support applications architecture while ensuring scalability and growth.
- Is responsible for all application systems which require significant or complex custom programming logic to be operational (development, testing, QA).
- Evolve legacy applications and architecture as appropriate; plan and execute a continuous process improvement strategy to reduce rework, bugs and waste.
- Provide leadership and guidance through coaching, motivation and creativity to foster a positive work environment for personal growth that is fun, dynamic and productive for a team size of 7 (4 developers, 2 database developers, 1 business analyst).
- Develop applications with agile methodologies and proven RAD techniques.
- Develop and maintain leading edge expertise in open source technologies and solutions.
- Demonstrate above average, industry leading expertise in applications architecture, design and development with an in-depth concentration using LAMP technology stack.
- Manages application systems analysis, programming activities, documentation and release notes through product management handoff.
- Reviews all application systems development project requests and coordinates schedules and related departmental activity.
- Approves and coordinates new systems and existing system enhancements with product managers.
- Assigns personnel to various projects, prioritize and direct their activities.
- Reviews and evaluates work of staff and prepares performance reports.
- Directs and implements the necessary controls and procedures to cost-effectively protect information systems assets from intentional or inadvertent modification, disclosure or destruction.
- Projects long-range requirements for database administration and design in conjunction with other managers in the information systems function.
- Prepares status reports to management; monitors project hours and tracking.
Required Technical Skills:
- Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP, Java Script/jQuery, MemCached, msSQL, DB2, Apache Solar, API, SOAP, REST
- Superior Communication and Time Management skills
Other relevant experience/skills:
- JAVA, .NET, SQL, ORACLE, C, C++
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.