Monroe Staffing is a 48-year-old full-service temporary and direct placement staffing firm with 10 offices, in which 3 of them are here in CT. We provide our clients with commercial, industrial, professional and technical professionals in a variety of industries. Companies count on us to provide the people they need.
We are seeking an Analytical Chemist to work for one of our clients in Trumbull, CT.
The individual will conduct technical testing on raw materials and finish products with various techniques, such as titration, FTIR/NIR and rheology. The individual must have the ability to handle normal chemical laboratory activities. They must have good communication skills, and the interpersonal skills to work within a fast-paced team environment that requires the ability to handle multiple demands. A background in chemistry is required.
- B.S. degree in Chemistry or Science.
- Ability to quickly learn analytical instrumentation (hardware) and data analysis (software).
- Need to be able to interpret the data to recognize when the analysis needs to be repeated (e.g., instrument malfunction, improper controls).
- Communication skills, electronic, oral, and written, are essential, as well as the ability to work in teams and write technical reports.
- 5-6 month contract assignment
- 1st shift, Monday - Friday (flexible 40 hour work week schedule)
- Pay range: $20-23/hour (depending on experience)
Monroe Staffing Services is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.