Job Title: Aerospace CNC Estimator
Location: Chester, CT
* Preparation of detailed cost estimates for the manufacture of products to support the acquisition of new business and commercial activities on existing business.
* Identification of all raw material and bought-out requirements from detail drawings to allow the Supply Chain function to obtain quotations for price and lead time.
* Preparation of robust and efficient methods of manufacture as a basis for completing cost estimates. Methods are to include all Special Process requirements such as Heat Treatment, Coatings, Testing etc.
* Calculation of Standard Hour content from first principles for all manufacturing operations.
* Analysis of performance on manufacture of existing production to verify profitability.
* Actively engage in identifying and implementing cost reduction opportunities on existing product.
* Identification of all Non-Recurring Costs (NRC's) associated with the manufacture of components being estimated.
* Identification of Non-Recurring Engineering Costs (NRE's) associated with the development of the components being estimated.
* To support the Business Development function in submission of bids in line with agreed timescales
* Support internal Bid Review Meetings through preparation and maintenance of trackers showing progress towards target submission dates.
From time to time, you may be required to perform other duties as requested by your Line Manager, and whilst not listed above, these duties will be appropriate to the level of responsibility held and to the scope of the role as defined.
* At least 5 years of experience in a cost estimating environment ideally within the aerospace industry.
* Commercially aware with the ability to confidently interact with Customers in cost negotiations and Design for Manufacture activities.
* An understanding of LEAN manufacturing philosophy and up to date manufacturing techniques to support the preparation of cost estimates which provide a competitive advantage.
* An understanding of current tooling methodologies used for manufacture and inspection in order to support the preparation of NRC / NRE proposals
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.