The Accounting Clerk is responsible for all transactional needs of the Accounting Department to support the Senior Accountant and the Controller. Accounting transactions need to be recorded accurately and in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are met for financial reporting.
Responsibilities of the Accounting Clerk
- Ensure expenditures are properly authorized, general ledger coded, recorded and uploaded into our AP system.
- Reconciliation of expense reports and timely payments to employees.
- Research and resolution of reconciling items
- Process vendor invoice payments.
- File accounting documents and reports.
- Maintain expenditure and daily cash flow spreadsheets.
- Assist in quarterly and annual audits.
- Complete State and Federal financial census requests
- Communicate with vendors when needed.
- Annual filing of 1099 forms.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by management.
- Cross functional support of A/R, Payroll departments as needed.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Accounts Payables/Accounting experience required.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Process improvement driven.
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains a plus.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.