The Senior Accountant plays a critical role in the overall accounting operations of the company. Partnering closely with the Controller, this individual will be responsible for working to effectively execute accounting operations within all US divisions of the company.
Responsibilities of the Senior Accountant:
- Ensure all transactions are recorded in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end close processes including, but not limited to, financial statement preparation and variance commentary.
- Maintain the general ledger and ensure proper reconciliation of accounts.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for quarterly and annual audits.
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions.
- Review and enhance accounting processes and general ledger capabilities.
- Prepare weekly Cash Flow Analysis schedules and prepare monthly bank reconciliations for multiple accounts.
- Ad hoc projects as requested by Senior Management.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- 5+ years of general accounting experience
- Strong analytical and accounting skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Must be accurate and detail oriented.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Process improvement driven.
- Advanced Excel skills
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics/Great Plains
- Experience with Adaptsuite software a plus.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.