US$19.20 - US$21.00 per hour
8 days ago
SUMMARY: The Sanitation Lead is responsible for all activities involved in maintaining the cleanliness and food safe environment of the Processing facility, surrounding area and equipment. Leads, motivates and develops Sanitation staff to achieve outstanding sanitation results. Reports to the Plant Manager and receives direction concerning sanitation activities.
- Perform daily sanitation of all processing lines.
- Promotes a safe work environment through knowledge of the sanitation program and commitment to a safe workplace for all. Ensures that staff are informed of corporate safety requirements and that safety is a priority in day to day functions.
- Ensure food safety and food defense in the plant.
- Operates A Scissor Lift
- Maintain and clean water lines
- Evaporators and perform Environmental Swabs (all Buildings)
- All windows, Ceilings, and overhead doors must be cleaned.
- Directs and coordinates all daily sanitation activities within the processing plant as well as the grounds surrounding the processing plant.
- Implements all GMP and HACCP procedures that relate to cleanliness, food safety and pest control with the facility. Supervises sanitation team to ensure all procedures are followed.
- Responsible for managing and maintaining a supply of cleaning chemicals necessary for the operation of the cleaning program and in compliance with OSHA and FDA regulations.
- Manages operations to maintain the highest rating possible on all audits and inspections. Interacts with third party auditors to facilitate Food Safety audits within the plant.
- Develops and implements new methods, procedures, and systems to improve quality and food safety performance, determine and implement corrective actions.
- Develops and maintains training and development programs that support key performance goals for the Company, as well as provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Lead, motivate and develop sanitation personnel to achieve outstanding manufacturing and sanitation results. Effectively conduct team meetings. Provide a satisfying and rewarding work environment for employees.
- Effectively communicates organization and policy changes.
- Train sanitation personnel in best practices, safety, to understand MSDS information, and the proper use of personal protective equipment.
- Responsible for daily scheduling and efficient resource allocation. Responsible for filling out daily sanitation logs, performance reports and shift paperwork.
- As part of the plant leadership team, provides excellent communication and partnership with the quality control and production departments.
- Coordinates the completion of all required sanitation or maintenance required by the master sanitation schedule, and/or end of week sanitation activities.
- Develop, implement, and manage all monitoring forms, records, and documentation to comply with all requirements.
- Provide direct supervision over staff to include discretionary authority to determine methods of work; plan, assign and direct the work; and, in coordination with human resources and corporate policy, recommend personnel actions (performance reviews, discipline, discharge, etc.). Emphasis is placed on maintaining staffing at the appropriate levels to operate at peak efficiency and in developing continuity in key positions.
- Perform related duties as required. Related duties as required are duties that may not be specifically listed in the Position Description but are within the general occupational series and responsibility level typically associated with the employee's classification of work.
- Experience and knowledge in food sanitation operations, procedures, chemicals and program standards, preferably in a general food or manufacturing industry.
- A working knowledge of food technology, food science, microbiology or chemistry required.
- An understanding of pathogens and other food contaminants is required as well as an understanding of modes of control of various sanitation chemicals and physical cleaning.
- Leadership competencies that lead and inspire others - drives for exceptional results.
- Strong quantitative skills, interpersonal skills and the ability to think critically.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bi-lingual English/Spanish is helpful.
- Self-directed with the ability to work independently as well as with groups.
- Ability to effectively plan, organize and prioritize work.
- Read and understand chemical labels.
- Read and understand HACCP along with FDA and OSHA requirements.
- Must have basic understanding of inventory methods.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence, including electronically.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in units of measure, using whole numbers, fractions and decimals.
- Ability to train, maintain and promote a safe work environment.
HACCAP Certification preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Work is performed both indoors and outdoors; in a food processing plant with a high noise level, storage coolers/facilities and in an office environment. Position requires working around processing plant equipment. Must be physically capable of working extended hours (seasonally) in a wet and/or cold environment, standing for long periods of time, and operating processing equipment
HAZARDS: Potential hazards exist when working around processing plant equipment transportation equipment, in storage facilities/coolers/freezers, and around cleaning chemicals.
Call Angela 603-716-0474
Staffing 360 Solutions and its offerings are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.