US$25 - US$40 per hour
almost 2 years ago
About Monroe Staffing Services:
Founded in 1969, Monroe Staffing Services has grown from a small firm specializing in contract design engineering and working from a single office, to a full-service consulting and staffing partner with multiple locations throughout Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, North Carolina and South Carolina.
Monroe Staffing is committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an Manufacturing Engineer to work in Shelton, CT. This is a temp to hire role.
There are 3 openings!
Looking for experienced engineers with SAP/ERP, Configuration control, BOM management, engineering change process control experience, etc.
Responsible for the development and upkeep of the plant's facilities and machinery. Evaluates new processes, machinery, and workflow systems to optimize plant efficiency. Applies automation and computerized technologies to manufacturing processes and systems. Investigates and initiates corrective action on manufacturing problems. Reviews, evaluates and implements engineering changes and specification requirements. Acts as technical liaison with production planning and engineering personnel.
This is a traditional manufacturing engineering role. Our business is driving rapid improvements through line design, cell management, materials management and NPI development. This role is designed to be the cornerstone of the performance on the production lines. The Industrial Process Engineer is the key driver to hands on problem solving, NPI design optimization and will occasionally work on the line to provide production load leveling during peak demand periods. Hands on expertise combined with excellent engineering skills are the keys to success in the role and performance in the cell.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for designing, developing and implementing cell level operating metrics that enable daily performance tracking, daily management and daily improvement in each of the areas assigned
- Provides expert judgment and analysis for the process design, development and implementation of technical products and systems for both standard and new product introductions (NPI's), Design for manufacturing, PFMEA
- Functional testing and analysis of newly developed products to ensure operation and reliability
- Ability to lead cross-functional project teams comprised of R&D, junior engineers, quality engineers, sourcing, purchasing, production planning, and assembly & test technicians
- Planning and managing product quality during transfer to production, including design and process validation
- Calibrate highly complex equipment and see that test records are properly maintained
- Operate electrical and optical test equipment, including meters, scopes, and computer controlled testing
- Troubleshoot, diagnose and repair test failures
- Responsible for nonconforming part disposition (MRB)
- Assemble multi-level electro-mechanical sub-assemblies into complex assemblies using a variety of hand tools
- Assembling and disassembling test configurations as necessary
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly complex electro-mechanical assembly and optical quality/production issues. Perform troubleshooting and repair of microprocessors based electronics.
- Provide recommendations to R&D/Service Support to improve quality of products and/or procedures
- Participate in Continuous Improvement Initiatives
- Design control systems to minimize and resolve production issues and project costs.
- Create systems and plan production to ensure all products meet quality control standards.
- Develop, evaluate, implement, improve and document manufacturing equipment, tooling and processes
- Work closely with R&D to ensure product design and tooling yield efficient production processes
- Provide technical direction, and training for operators performing detailed process steps to ensure that production assemblers, testers, inspectors and support staff have necessary skills, appropriate documentation (Work Instructions), tooling and process control capability
- Be willing to learn new technologies and procedures to remain current with industry standards and new products
- As part of the design release process, in SAP create lower level components, develop bill of material/structure, create process routing and establish standard cost. Once created, maintain these documents when Engineering Change Requests are released
- Continuous Self Development
- Bachelor's Degree in Manufacturing/Mechanical/Electrical Engineering not required.
- Duration: 1-year temp to hire.
- Location: Shelton, CT.
- Salary: -$25-$40hr.
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.