- Ensures all interior and exterior warehouse areas assigned by management are cleaned and sanitized in accordance with food safety practices and policies.
- Handles cleaning/sanitizing chemicals in accordance with standard safety operating procedures.
- Operates pressure washes, Zamboni, and other janitorial equipment.
- Ensures allergen spills are cleaned and sanitized according to policy.
- Responsible for cleaning glass and other hazardous spills safely and according to procedure.
- Stocks supplies in building and main sanitation room as needed.
- Performs general grounds keeping on a daily basis.
- Conducts inspections outside of warehouse to ensure disposal areas are kept in a clean, safe condition.
- Performs self-audits to ensure all criteria is satisfactory and able to pass inspections (both internal and external).
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach; climb and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must be able to work in tight and/or dim places, and be comfortable with heights. The employee must regularly lift and/or move objects up to 30 pounds, frequently lift and/or move objects up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Ability to read, write and speak fluently in English. Bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations (Preferred):
Servsafe certification is desirable.
HCCP certification preferred.
Perishable warehouse can range from 28° to 60° Fahrenheit.
*Background heck and Drug screen required*
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.