For almost 50 years, Lighthouse Professional Services has worked to provide full-service consulting and staffing partnerships to clients in Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New Hampshire, and the Carolinas. Our innovative solutions can reach all areas within your firm including: Administrative, Information Technology, Engineering, Finance, Clerical and Light Industrial.
Lighthouse Professional Services committed to the success of the companies, candidates and employees we serve. We invest in excellent working partnerships, powered by people.
We are currently seeking an NPI Manager with a client in Chester, CT.
Position Summary and Special Duties:
As a (an) NPI Manager your day to day duties will consist of and may not be limited to:
- To create visual & robust project plans for the on-time and on-cost delivery of NPI parts.
- Part of the above reference Project Plan will be major milestones which are to be tracked, revised as needed, and analyzed for root cause of any delays (i.e. customer driven, driven, etc.)
- To organize and lead NPI Project kick-off meetings with all Dept. Mgr.'s. Ensure all departments are fully aware of their requirements within the project plan
- During the projects communicate status with Production, Engineering, Quality and Administrative Mgrs. the needs of the NPI projects. This may include acting as in intermediary between Dept.'s to facilitate the communication necessary for successful completion of the project.
- Primary communications with the customer. This will include any/all status calls/meetings. Organize, attend, and lead all NPI based customer conference calls and visits.
- Communicate and acquire any customer information, tooling, approvals, etc. needed to successfully complete the project
- To maintain visual reporting (e.g. whiteboard) of all current NPI projects, to include milestone targets and performance against targets
- To maintain an accurate sales forecast for all NPI parts and resultant production volumes.
- Forecast capacity needs based upon forecasted production volumes.
- Track the cost progress of the NPI Project and identify any situation that will adversely affect the cost. Mitigate cost risks where possible and communicate appropriately when not possible. Identify and secure any cost benefits.
- Transfer parts & process from Chester, CT facility to India facility. Manage transfer through joint calls & other project management tasks as assigned.
- Conduct meetings and communications necessary to successfully transition NPI projects to full scale production.
- Conduct Root Cause and Corrective Action (RCCA) as necessary on assigned projects.
- Program manage specific part families and/or customers to ensure all goals are met. This includes, but is not limited to safety, quality, delivery, capacity planning, etc.
- Support Operational Excellence and Continuous Improvement initiatives.
- Execute a 'Zero Defects' & 'Right First time' culture throughout the company.
- Adhere to company EH & S policies.
- To perform other such duties as generally correspond to the nature of the position and its level of responsibility.
o Evaluated on a case by case basis. Relevant work experience may be sufficient vs. specific degrees.
o Project Management in a manufacturing environment.
o Some exposure to the aerospace market a huge plus.
IT Knowledge/ Requirements
o MS Projects a must!
o MS, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.
o Infor Syteline
- Duration: Direct Hire
- Salary: 100-120K
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply immediately!
Please include a clean copy of your resume and salary expectations and any references.
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.