US$20 - US$28 per hour
8 months ago
2ND SHIFT FREEZER LEAD
Working at the warehouse in Norton, the 2nd shift warehouse (freezer) lead will be responsible for working with a team of associates to accurately pick, check and monitor the overall flow of the pick. The Freezer Lead should become familiar with all aspects of the Warehouse Management System and play an active role in ensuring accuracy, completion, and overall productivity amoung the pickers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee 2nd shift freezer workforce to ensure efficient and accurate picking and building of carts/pallets
- Conduct and participate in physical inventories for the purpose of verifying stock and identifying short and mispicks on loads
- Evaluate pickers performance for the purpose of maintain accuracy, speed, and any issues with consistent breaks
- Supervise the loading of delivery trucks for the purposes of receiving stock and/or filling orders for transport.
- Operate warehouse equipment (e.g. hand trucks, pallet jacks, delivery truck with equipment trailer, etc.) for the purposes of moving large and heavy items safely and efficiently.
- Prepare reports for the purpose of maintaining an effective and efficient work environment.
- Maintain a steady and accurate workforce, coaching in the moment, and escalating issues as needed to the second shift Supervisor.
- Verify route changes have been made correctly
- Mitigate loss of product/damages, by coaching in the moment and insisting on quality.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Experience working with large groups/teams.
- Experience operating a forklift.
- Must have valid driver's license.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Ability to operate warehouse equipment, including, but not limited to, reach trucks, electric pallet jacks and hand-trucks.
- Must have strong analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to count accurately and be detailed oriented.
- Must be a team player.
- Must work well unsupervised and be self-motivated.
- Must have strong computer skills.
- Oversee picking and loading operation.
- Ability to sit, stand, bend, reach above head and lift from ground.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds repeatedly throughout the day.
- Exposure to extreme cold. .
Monroe Staffing Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, color, Religion, gender, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classification.