Monroe Staffing, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions, is currently hiring a Quality Operator for a large plant that manufactures aerospace components and medical devices, located in New Bedford, MA. Eligible employees can elect from a variety of benefits plan choices, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life insurance, and Short-Term Disability.
Location: New Bedford, MA 02745
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM (1st Shift)
*** Experience with microscopes and measuring instruments is required***
Responsibilities of the Quality Operator:
- Quality Operator will perform detailed assembly operations using microscopes, tweezers, micrometers, or dial indicators.
- Perform repetitive bench operations.
- Quality Operator will use microscope to perform designated tasks.
- Quality Operator will work inside a cleanroom. Cleanroom PPE and protocol are mandatory.
- Quality Operator will be etching metal.
- Perform basic metal work tasks, such as screen printing, hand-painting, injecting, scribing, roller-coating, dabbing, dipping, spraying, etc.
- Apply various paints and liquid resin to small metal parts using hand-held paint brushes to a wide range of metal parts, with the aid of a microscope.
- Precision paint coats within scribed lines.
- Mount parts in power-drive spindle and operate to apply uniform paint coating with various inks/paints.
- Quality Operator will make small adjustments to ink viscosity.
- Operate electric centrifuge machine and adjust RPM’s and time cycle as needed.
- Dry painted ceramic parts using portable electric dryer, heat lamp, and transite oven.
- Quality Operator will prepare parts for the next operation.
- Inspect painted and unpainted parts visually and mechanically using microscopes, gauges, scales, and micrometers.
- Responsible for proper metalizing application on ceramics. Monitor changes that would affect proper metalizing coverage.
- Must work in a clean room environment.
- Maintain material inspection records.
- Quality Operator will complete all relevant documentation.
- Clean equipment and work area.
- Conduct all tasks in a safe and efficient manner complying with all company EHS Guidelines. Guidelines include participation in the required EHS training and use of proper PPE.
- Perform the following ceramic processing operations:
- Ceramic cleaning
- Set-up for sputter
- Set-up for grind
- Mask and etch
- Visual verification
- Quality Operator will perform the following assembly/verification operations:
- Helium leak test
- Electrical Testing
- Visual Inspection
Qualifications for Quality Operator:
- Experience using microscopes and precise measuring instruments is strongly preferred.
- Previous small assembly experience is strongly preferred.
- Previous cleanroom / laboratory / small assembly experience is strongly preferred.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- Quality Operator must speak, read, write English.
- U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident alien of the United States.
- Quality Operator must have basic/intermediate math skills.
Physical Requirements of Quality Operator:
- Required to talk and hear.
- Required to pass eye test.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to use fingers, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
***** All candidates must have one of the following documents: U.S. Birth Certificate, U.S. Passport, Certificate of Naturalization, or a Permanent Resident card. *****
***** Will need to bring this documentation on the first day of employment. *****