Job type:Contract to Perm
Salary/Rate:$19 - $19 per hour
Business Sector:Quality Engineers
Post Date:November 06, 2023
Monroe Staffing, a division of Staffing 360 Solutions, is currently hiring a Quality Inspector - 2nd shift for a large manufacturing plant that manufactures aerospace components and medical devices, located in New Bedford, MA. Ideal candidate will have experience with using microscopes on a consistent basis.
Location: New Bedford, MA 02745
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 3:30 PM -- 12:00 AM (2nd Shift)
Responsibilities of the Quality Inspector:
- The Quality Inspector will perform mechanical and visual inspection of ceramics, metal parts, final product, and raw material using hand tools, reticles, micrometers, calipers, optical comparators, dial indicators, CMM’s (coordinate measuring machines), vision systems, and other standard gauging equipment as required to ensure parts are free of defects as described in procedures, work instructions, and methods.
- Ability to work under a microscope for long periods of time and use reticles to perform measurements.
- Perform weld inspections using visual inspection procedures and measurement tools.
- Ensure inspection tests successfully pass for qualification.
- Verify previous operations have been completed; rectify before performing inspection.
- Schedule all dimension and final inspection jobs to meet delivery requirements.
- Working knowledge of basic GD&T symbols (geometric dimensioning and tolerance), assimilation, and measurement methods.
- Read and interpret mechanical drawings, specifications, procedures, and inspection sheets to complete inspections.
- Perform documented rework processes as prescribed by work instructions and methods.
- Identify test status, non-conforming material and accepted material by using department procedures and work instructions.
- Maintain traceability of final product and purchased product at all times by verifying previous operations and other supporting documents such as lab results, MIR cards (Material Inspection Report), and C of C’s (Certificates of Conformity).
- The Quality Inspector will verify measuring equipment is calibrated and alert the Manager if equipment validity is in question.
- Complete paperwork such as data sheets, lab requests and NCMRs, which may be electronic or hard copy.
- Complete required record data sheets, first article inspections, and other documented inspections, as required.
- Alert Supervisor if product reflects abnormal defects or significant quality issues.
- Perform Syteline system functions required of Inspectors.
- Quality Inspector must be able to interpret sample size from a standard AQL chart (Acceptable Quality Limit).
- Maintain quality and quantity with strong sense of accountability and standards.
- Familiar with basic Microsoft applications
Qualifications for Quality Inspector:
- 1-3 years mechanical inspection experience using measuring instruments and tolerances to at least the 5th decimal point.
- Previous experience with microscopes and measuring instruments is required.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED).
- CMI Certification (Certified Medical Inspector) or equivalent preferred.
- Must be able to speak, read, write ENGLISH.
- US Citizen, or Permanent Resident alien of the United States
- Basic/intermediate math skills.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as operating instructions, maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Physical Requirements of Quality Inspector:
- Required to talk and hear.
- Required to pass eye test.
- Required to stand, walk, and sit.
- Required to use fingers, handle, feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 10 lbs., and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 lbs.
- Vision abilities include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus, close vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.