Monroe Staffing is a division of Staffing 360 Solutions. We are a leading staffing agency in the U.S. in the light industrial sector. We are currently seeking a PLC Programmer (Maintenance Technician II) for a large tobacco manufacturing plant, located in Clarksville, TN. Eligible employees can elect from a variety of benefit plan choices, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life insurance, and Short-Term Disability.
Location: Clarksville, TN 37040
Days: Monday - Friday
Hours: 7:00 am–3:30 pm or 3:30 pm–12:00 am
Note: Some training for this position may take place at our Memphis location. All expenses would be covered and paid.
The PLC Programmer will program PLC's, perform preventive maintenance, industrial equipment repairs, and facility repairs, both mechanical and electrical, to ensure the production of high-quality tobacco semi-finished products in a large manufacturing plant.
*** Must have experience programming PLC's (Programmable Logic Controllers). ***
The PLC Programmer will perform the following:
- The PLC Programmer is responsible for programming Allen Bradley, Siemens, Beckhoff, and other PLC systems.
- PLC Programmer must be proficient with PLC software including RSLogix and Ladder Logic.
- PLC Programmer will support Profibus, ControlNet, and Ethernet data communication network systems.
- PLC Programmer will install, test, calibrate, repair, and modify various types of electrical and electronic controls for high-speed tobacco manufacturing and processing, and industrial equipment.
- Design and assemble electrical control cabinets.
- PLC Programmer will program, troubleshoot, and repair all electronic controls and industrial control systems on production equipment and facilities.
- Program PLC systems.
- Troubleshoot PLC systems.
- Troubleshoot variable frequency and DC motor drive systems.
- Install, calibrate, and repair high-speed camera quality control systems.
- Perform troubleshooting to determine the root cause of equipment failure and perform corrective maintenance accordingly.
- Interact and provide guidance to management, in determining the best engineered solutions for efficient production of high-quality tobacco products.
- PLC Programmer will provide 80% mechanical hands-on work and 20% electronic programming work during normal operations.
- Must be comfortable performing hands-on work such as repairs and preventative maintenance on production equipment.
The PLC Programmer will need to have the following:
- High School Diploma and minimum of 5 years industrial electronic experience. OR
- Associate degree in Electronics. OR
- Completed two years toward an Engineering degree at an accredited university.
- PLC Programmer must have previous experience with industrial electronic components and their use in electronic circuits.
- Electronics experience with high-speed manufacturing equipment or process control systems.
- Experience with electrical systems in a manufacturing environment.
- Advanced troubleshooting skills with the ability to repair complex circuits.
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings and schematics.
- Ability and willingness to operate industrial vehicles such as Forklifts and Scissor Lifts.
- Extensive knowledge of programming PLC systems.
- Proficient with PLC software including RSLogix.
- Proficient with Ladder Logic.
- Proficient understanding of input/output modules.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Strong mechanical and mathematical aptitude.
- Proficient use of hand tools.
- Required to pass lift truck and scissor lift certification requirements.
- Required to have valid driver’s license and satisfactory driving report.
- Willingness and ability to work any shift and in varying departments.
Preferred Skills for the PLC Programmer:
- Prefer experience with tobacco packaging/processing equipment.
- Prefer experience with MMI information system (Maintenance Management Information System).
- Experience with SAP software.
- Industrial Vehicle Operation experience (i.e., Forklifts, Scissor Lifts, etc.)
- Experience using Computerized Maintenance Management System.
Physical Requirements of the PLC Programmer:
- Walking, climbing, stooping, reaching, lifting up to 100 pounds, and working at heights up to 50 feet.
- Must be able to work in dusty environments when needed.