Monroe Staffing is a division of Staffing 360 Solutions. We are a leading staffing agency in the U.S. in the light industrial sector.
We are currently seeking a Furnace Operator – 3rd Shift for a large brazing, welding, and heat-treatment facility located in Manchester, CT.
The ideal candidate must have at least one year of experience or knowledge of brazing and/or brazing furnaces.
Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook, is also desired.
Location: Manchester, CT 06042
Pay Rate: 20.00/Hour
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 12:00 AM – 8:30 AM (3rd Shift)
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (During Training Only)
Job Duties of Furnace Operator:
- Furnace Operator will be responsible for operating furnace equipment and loading/unloading parts.
- Furnace Operator is responsible for setup of machines according to daily production specifications.
- Furnace Operator will prepare furnace equipment and ensure production settings are accurate.
- Furnace Operator will monitor daily operation of machinery, adjusting settings as necessary.
- Furnace Operator will load and unload setups, breakdowns, and operating equipment.
- Furnace Operator will perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Furnace Operator will operate related equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, and power tools when needed.
- Furnace Operator will maintain accurate logs and monitor equipment to ensure equipment is producing the proper output.
- Furnace Operator must wear the following personal protective equipment:
- Steel-toe Boots
- Safety Glasses
- Ear plugs
- Safety Vest
- Furnace Operator will perform all duties safely and responsibly, while observing and complying with all safety and health rules (OSHA and SDS standards), including safe operation of all equipment.
- Furnace Operator will coordinate necessary repairs and special machining with outside machine shops whenever necessary.
- Furnace Operator must collaborate with manufacturers, internal departments, and support staff to accomplish both team and company goals.
- Constant lifting, pushing, or raising objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Performs duties often requiring standing, walking, gripping, or feeling with hands, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, or crouching.
- Environment is clean but can get very hot while furnace is in operation.
Requirements of Furnace Operator:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- At least one year experience with brazing, welding, soldering, brazing furnace, or metal heat-treating operations.
- Reasonable knowledge of procedures involving brazing furnace maintenance activities.
- Familiarity with the operation of cranes, forklifts, and power tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Able to work collaboratively with other staff, vendors, contractors, and the public.
Eligible employees can elect from a variety of benefits plan choices, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life insurance, and Short-Term Disability.