Salary/Rate:$17 - $0 per hour
Post Date:October 17, 2023
Cable Production Operator
RFS Technologies designs and manufactures premium-quality cable and antenna solutions for commercial wireless networks, mission critical communications, private networks, Distributed Radio Systems (DRS) and other telecom markets in North America. As a company, we're part of a global powerhouse in high-technology, interconnect, sensor, and antenna solutions that's enabling the electronics revolution across almost every industry. Our access to Amphenol's innovations and resources means we are uniquely positioned to deliver the end-to-end wireless connectivity solutions you need, when and where you need them.
The Cable Production Operator will be part of the Cable Manufacturing group, responsible for various duties which may include insulation extrusion, welding/corrugation (Uniwema), jacketing extrusion, and cable testing. The operator will start with one main job function in one of the areas listed above, and through cross training and development will progress to a multifunctional operator.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Process cable raw materials through various cable production operations to create a cable finished good with the use of construction sheets, machine setup sheets, and other process procedures.
- Observe equipment and cable during operation to assure quality production to applicable specifications. Operate material handling equipment to move work in process, raw materials, load, and unload payoff and/or take-ups as necessary for aspects related to the process.
- Perform various hand operations necessary to the operation and maintenance of the production equipment and associated tooling.
- Use O.D. tape, micrometer, and vernier caliper to check material periodically during operation and maintain required production records.
- Use electronic testing equipment to evaluate the electrical performance of the cable products.
- Detect faulty operations of equipment and defective material.
- Follow all applicable safety and environmental regulations and procedures.
- Perform other similar and related duties, operate, or assist in the operation of other department equipment as assigned.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Previous machine operation experience is preferred with 2 to 5 years industrial / construction equipment set-up and operation.
- Requires the use of shop mathematics with the application and understanding of complicated specifications, tables, and the use of various precision measuring instruments.
- The use of judgement to plan, perform and make decisions within the limits of recognized methods and procedures.