Brazer – 2nd Shift
Monroe Staffing is a division of Staffing 360 Solutions. We are a leading staffing agency in the U.S. in the light industrial sector.
We are currently seeking a Brazer – 2nd shift for a large brazing, welding, and heat-treatment facility located in Manchester, CT.
The ideal candidate must have at least one year of experience or knowledge of brazing, brazing furnaces, welding, soldering, and/or metal heat-treating operations. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook, is also desired.
Location: Manchester, CT 06042
Pay Rate: 17.50/Hour
Days: Monday – Friday
Hours: 4:00 PM – 12:30 AM (2nd Shift)
8:00 AM – 4:30 PM (During Training Only)
Job Duties of Brazer:
- The Brazer is responsible for the application of filler metals, stop off, and fluxes per process sheets.
- Brazer inspects parts for compliance with specifications.
- Brazer operates related equipment, such as cranes, forklifts, and power tools when required.
- Brazer maintains accurate logs and monitors equipment to ensure it is producing the proper output.
- Brazer will perform all duties safely and responsibly, while observing and complying with all safety and health rules (OSHA and SDS standards), including safe operation of all equipment.
- Brazer will exercise great care and safety in the use of equipment and tools required to complete assigned tasks.
- Brazer will collaborate with manufacturers, internal departments, and support staff to accomplish both team and company goals.
- Brazer must use the following personal protective equipment:
- Steel-toe Boots
- Safety Glasses
- Safety Vest
- The facility environment is clean but can get very hot while the furnace is in operation.
Requirements of Brazer:
- High school diploma/GED or equivalent.
- At least one year of experience with brazing, welding, soldering, brazing furnace, or metal heat-treating operations is strongly preferred.
- Some knowledge of brazing procedures is strongly preferred.
- Reasonable knowledge of work methods and procedures with maintenance and repair activities.
- Familiarity with the operation of cranes, forklifts, and power tools is a huge plus.
- Constant lifting, pushing, or raising objects of up to 50 pounds.
- Performs duties often requiring standing, walking, gripping, or feeling with hands, reaching with hands and arms, stooping, or crouching.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook.
- Ability to use computers for data entry, word processing, spreadsheets, and custom applications.
- High level of integrity; ability to handle confidential information.
- May travel to another site if needed.
Eligible employees can elect from a variety of benefits plan choices, including Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(k), Life insurance, and Short-Term Disability.